Cardstock: black, red, blue, yellow, green, light green, purple, patterned
Craft Glue Dots®
Cricut machine and cartridges (I used Sure Cuts a Lot software to cut the letters and the George and Basic Shapes cartridge to cut the scalloped circles and triangles.)
Sizzix machine and dies (candle, balloon)
Souffle pens – Sakura
Glitter gel pens – Sakura
1. Using Cricut machine and cartridges of choice, cut the following:
· 14 scalloped triangles at 4” from red, blue, yellow, and green
· 14 circles at 3 ½” from black cardstock.
· the letters “H-A-P-P-Y-B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y” AT 3” from purple cardstock.
2. Using Sizzix machine and dies, cut 4 candles and 2 balloons from yellow, light green, and patterned papers. Add details with glitter gel pens.
2. Using Souffle pens, add dots and dashes around the edges of the circles and triangles.
3. Adhere circles to triangles, following pattern in photo.
4. Stamp owl onto white cardstock using permanent black ink.
5. Using the photo as a guide, adhere letters and shapes to black circles using Glue Dots®.
6. Punch holes in top corners of triangles, and attach with brads.
By Jeanette Giancaspro