- Turn cards over and trace the pumpkin stencil on the "Thank you" side of the card (or scrapbook paper).
- Cut out pumpkin shapes.
- Use fall leaf punch to create miniature fall leaves out of scrap paper: scrapbook or hand painted papers.
- Use Glue Dots® Mini Dots Adhesive to adhere the back of the fall leaves onto the front of the blank greeting card. You can choose to create a border around the entire card, or you can create a pile of leaves that covers the bottom half of the card and goes up the left side, as shown. (I have about 44 leaves on the first layer of my card.)
- Use Roussillon colored chalk ink to outline the pumpkin cut outs. Let dry.
- Use Glue Dots® Craft Dots Adhesive to adhere the back of the first pumpkin onto the right, front of the greeting card. (Craft Dots are flat, therefore the first pumpkin will lay flat on the card.)
- Use Glue Dots® Mini Dots Adhesive to adhere a second layer of fall leaves to the front of the greeting card. You want the leaves to overlap the bottom half of the first pumpkin. (I added approximately 55 more leaves on my card.)
- Use Glue Dots® Pop Up Adhesive to adhere the second pumpkin on top of the first pumpkin. This will create a 3-D effect.
- Use Glue Dots® Glue Lines Adhesive to create broken lines on the front of the third pumpkin. Cut each strip in half, then adhere each strip to the pumpkin to create a vertical, curved-like line on both sides of the pumpkin.
- Remove plastic strips from the Glue Lines you adhered to your third pumpkin.
- Use a spoon to remove Sparkly Fluff® from its container, then gently drop the fluff over each Glue Line. Press the fluff into the Glue Lines with the back of the spoon. Flip the pumpkin over and tap the back to remove any loose fluff. Repeat until you get good coverage over each Glue Line.
- Use a gold marker to outline the third pumpkin. Let dry.
- Use Chestnut colored chalk ink to go over the gold marker. Let dry.
- Use Glue Dots® Pop Up Adhesive to adhere the third pumpkin on top the second pumpkin.
- Use Chestnut colored chalk ink to outline the card. Let dry.
Don't you think this would make the perfect, "Thank you for bringing your delicious dish to our potluck Thanksgiving Dinner this year." card?
Here's a tip for using Glue Dots® Adhesives:
These adhesives are double sided and pressure-sensitive. When you place the Glue Dots® Adhesive on the back of your paper, rub your finger over the liner a few times before removing it. If you don't, the adhesive will come right up as you pull back the liner.