This project was easy peasy and a lot of fun. It's an Altered Christmas Canvas. I gave it the fun title of "Santa & Rudy"!
- Please grab 2 recycled products from Christmas last year. I chose a gift bag that had this adorable Rudolph face embellishment on it. I also cut out the Santa from leftover Christmas patterned paper from last year. To make the Rudolph face pop up you can add a spring like this one to the back. They are sold at your local craft store. Or snag one from a gift bag lying around the house.
- We will be decorating stretched canvas. I used a 9" x 12" sized canvas. Cut your patterned paper to fit the dimensions of your canvas. I used 1" Glue Lines on the border of my paper to adhere it down to the canvas. Here's a shot of the side of the project. See how well the 1" Glue Lines keeps the paper nice and flat against the canvas?
- I then used Pop Up Glue Dots to adhere the Santa cut-out on top of the patterned paper.
- Tie a colorful red ribbon around your canvas.
- I then adhered the Rudolph to the bottom left of my canvas using Pop Up Glue Dots. They are sturdy enough to hold the spring in place.
- Finish your project by adding shiny lettering and a fun title.
You can decorate a Christmas canvas any way you like. Just have fun with it. Place it on a fireplace mantle, a bookshelf, a desk, or give it as a gift.
Submitted by: Angi Barrs