Designer Donna has us thinking about winter crafts and decor with her Wooden Snowman project. We love easy DIY home decor projects that don’t require a lot of time, and this project can easily be done in an hour or two. All you need are a few supplies and Glue Dots Advanced Strength adhesive to make this adorable wooden snowman for home.
Designed by: Donna Budzynski
Approximate time: 1 Hour
Size: 6” X 36”
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what you do:
- Cut all wood to size yourself or have your local home improvement store cut it for you (they should cut it for free if you purchase the wood from them).
- Paint the top quarter of the 36″ plank black. Paint the remainder of the wood slat white and let dry completely.
- Paint the skinny 3″ x 14” slat black and let dry. This will be the brim of his hat.
- Paint nose burnt orange and let dry.
- Using Glue Dots Advanced Strength adhesive, assemble snowman by adhering the brim, nose, and buttons to the board. Tip: place items in position until you are happy with the look of your snowman. Add Advanced Strength adhesive to the back of each item and press firmly into place for a strong secure bond.
- Tie scarf around the plank where the snowman’s neck would be.
- Paint mouth and let dry.
Use either format of Advanced Strength to complete this project:
Glue Dots Advanced Strength adhesive is available for a limited time at:
Glue Dots Advanced Strength adhesive and All Purpose Glue Dots are available at: