If your kids like going on their own adventures, send them out in search for Leprechauns! Just remember to make these special Leprechaun Binoculars before you go searching. Designer Dawn shows you how to put them together.
Designed by: Dawn Mercedes Barrett
Time: 30 Minutes
Size: 3.25 x 4.25 inches (not including the strap)
Here is a creative way to keep young children entertained by making a toy with a little adult help. When it is completed, they will be happily engaged in a Leprechaun Hunt on their own around the house or yard!
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what you do:
- Using a paint or sponge brush, apply Metallic Lustre to the inside of both toilet paper rolls. You will want to be sure to cover the edge of both openings as well.
- While that is drying, use your Fiskars rotary cutter and a ruler or quilt guide to cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of Oly*Fun in the 6 colors of the rainbow.
- Apply 1″ Glue Lines in two rows along the side of one tube. Attach the second tube to form the base of your binoculars.
- Wrap each of the six strips of Oly*Fun around your binoculars, overlapping each layer as you go. Use 1″ Glue Lines to secure the strips on the bottom of the binoculars. Trim any excess with scissors.
- Use the Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole on the left and right side of the tubes, 1/2 inch away from the edge. Knot the black gross-grain ribbon through each hole to create a handle.
This craft can be used as a decoration or as an imagination boost for active young children.
Tip: When wrapping the double tubes, be careful not to warp your binoculars by wrapping the Oly*Fun strips too tight.
P.S. Don’t forget to set a Leprechaun Trap!
Glue Dots Products are available at: