Designer Dawn is on our blog today with cute Easter treat cones! She’ll show you how to make an Easter Chick or Bunny for you to hang on doors, stair banisters or wherever the Easter Bunny decides to leave their treats!
Here’s what you need:
- 1″ Glue Lines®
- Craft Glue Dots®
- Pop Up Glue Dots®
- Prism Play Stack paper from DCWV
- 24″ grossgrain ribbon
- Googlie eyes
- Medium Eyelets
- Stamp Sentiments
- Bling Strips from the Eyelet Outlet
- Other embellishments such as pipe cleaners, extra card stock, Easter “grass,” silver string, ink, pompoms, ribbons, etc.
- Fiskars Rotary Cutter
- Sizzix Bigshot & Dies
Here’s what you do:
- Cut the 12″ paper in half along the diagonal using rotary trimmer and quilting guide since a 12″ paper cut in this fashion will not fit well in most paper cutters.
- Orientate your paper as shown and add three 1″ Glue Lines to the right side of the long edge. Then, curl your paper to start it into a cone shape. The very right edge will come up and adhere to the top point of the circle.
- Next, on the back side of the paper, add three more 1″ Glue Lines. Then, wrap this second side around to finish your cone shape.
- Use your Cropodial to cut and add eyelets to each side of the cone. Tip: Use the Cropadial’s punch guide to make the holes even on each side. Tie a piece of grossgrain ribbon to each eyelet to create a handle for your cone.
- Now, embellish your cone as you like using bling, pompoms, googlie eyes, etc.
- Cut a tag using the Sizzix Bigshot and stamp your Easter/Spring Greeting. Use metallic thread to tie it onto your cone.
- Fill your cone with Easter grass, plastic eggs stuffed with candies, stickers, pencils, or any other fun treat to delight the recipient!
Glue Dots products and other materials for this project are available at your local: